For the purpose of these terms & conditions the following words shall have the following meanings:
(a) “The Company” shall mean solutions4plumbing limited.
(b) “The Customer” shall mean the person or organisation for whom the Company agrees to carry out works &/or supply materials.
The Operative or Engineer shall mean Mr J Phelps.
- HOURLY RATE WORK. The total charge to the Customer shall consist of the cost of materials supplied by the Company (not exceeding the trade purchase price of materials + 5-15%) & the amount of time spent by the operative in carrying out works (including all reasonable time spent in obtaining unstocked materials) charged in accordance with the Company’s current hourly rates. The Customer shall only be charged for the time spent related to the Customer’s work, all other time, personal mobile calls etc. is non-chargeable. All materials are subject to VAT at the prevailing rate.
- FIXED PRICE QUOTED WORK shall be given as a firm cost, (manifest errors exempted) including Labour & Materials, and shall be within 10% over and above the equivalent total hourly rate cost. Currently solutions4plumbing limited is not VAT registered; all materials are paid inclusive of VAT; there is no VAT added to labour costs. The Company will agree staged payments for work that will take longer than 1 week or will request a deposit amount; if the work is cancelled by the customer, any work carried out and materials used up to that time will be chargeable; any deposit amount remaining will be returned; If the Company cancels the work, any deposit will be fully returned.
- Where a written quote has been supplied to the Customer, the total charge to the Customer referred to in the quote will be honoured & kept to. Should any costs need to added, these will always be discussed & agreed before continuing. All quotes are valid for 28 days (all suppliers costs are only valid for this time scale some can change daily). Likewise –
(i) if after submission of the quote, the Customer instructs the Company (whether orally or in writing) to carry out additional works not referred to in the quote, this will require agreement by both parties.
(ii) if after submission of the quote, there is an increase in the price of materials, which is beyond the control of the operative/engineer, this will be discussed.
(iii) if after submission of the quote, it is discovered by either the customer OR the operative that further works need to be carried out, which were not anticipated when the quote was prepared, this will require agreement before proceeding.
- The Company reserves the right to refuse or decline work at its own discretion or refer customer onto another trades. Where the Company agrees to carry out works for the Customer those works shall be undertaken by the designated operative of Company at its absolute discretion.
- Material Collection.
Collection of non-stock items is chargeable but:
(a) Time must be kept to a minimum & reasonable.
(b) The Customer must be informed wherever possible when the operative leaves the premises.
(c) If the collection time is likely to exceed 60 minutes, the customer must be additionally informed of the circumstances.
(d) The collection of materials which should be normally stocked items is non-chargeable.
- Invoices are due for payment immediately upon satisfactory completion to the Customer. Any part of that invoice which remains unpaid we reserve the right to charge a late fee or add interest at the rate of 3% over the base rate until payment in full is received by the Company.
- Where the date &/or time for works to be carried out is agreed by the Company with the Customer, then the Company shall use its best endeavours to ensure that the operative shall attend on the date & at the time agreed. However, the Company will always endeavour to meet agreed timescales and will always keep customer informed of progress and any change to time schedules. However, the company cannot guarantee late or non-delivery of materials ordered from merchants or online or ordered by customer. Please be aware that where there are unexpected delays, through no direct fault of the Company, we will advise you of this as soon as it is reasonable possible to do so.
- If, after the Company shall have carried out the works, the Customer is not wholly satisfied with the works then the Customer shall give notice as soon as possible & preferably in writing as soon as possible to the Company & shall afford the Company, and its insurers, the opportunity of both inspecting such works, & carrying out any necessary remedial works if appropriate. It is noted that does not affect normal Consumer Rights in force at current time.
- The Guarantee shall be for labour only in respect of faulty workmanship for 12 months from the date of completion with the manufacturers warranty in force. The Guarantee will become null & void if the work/appliance completed/supplied by the Company is:
(a) Subject to misuse or negligence.
(b) Repaired, modified or tampered with by anyone other than a Company operative. The Company will accept no liability for, or guarantee suitability of materials supplied by the Customer & will accept no liability for any consequential damage or fault. This does not affect your right to redress under the Consumer Rights Act 2015.
- The company will not guarantee any work in respect of blockages in waste & drainage systems etc.
The company will not guarantee any work undertaken on instruction from the customer & against the written or verbal advice of the operative/engineer that the work is unsuitable or does not comply with regulations. The company will reserve the right to not carry out any work in this case.
Work is guaranteed only in respect of work directly undertaken by the company & payment in full has been made. Any non-related faults arising from recommended work, which has not been undertaken by the company, will not be guaranteed.
The company shall not be held liable or responsible for any damage or defect resulting from where recommended work has not been carried out. Work will not carry a guarantee where the customer has been notified by the operative either verbally or indicated in any invoice or recommendations of any other related work which requires attention.
- Where the Company agrees to carry out works on installations of inferior quality or over ten years old at that date no warranty is given in respect of such works & the Company accepts no liability in respect of the effectiveness of such works, unless we have been negligent in anyway – this does not affect your rights under the Consumer Rights Act 2015.
- These terms & conditions may not be released, discharges, supplemented, interpreted, varied or modified in any manner except by an instrument in writing signed by a duly authorised representative of the Company & by the Customer. Further, these terms & conditions shall prevail over any terms & conditions used by the Customer or contained or set out or referred to in any documentation sent by the Customer to the Company; by entering into a contact with the Company the Customer agrees irrevocably to waive the application of any such terms & conditions.
- Title to any goods, supplied by the Company to the Customer shall not pass to the Customer but shall be retained by the Company until payment in full for such goods has been made by the Customer to the Company.
Until such time as title in the such goods has passed to the Customer:
(i) the Company will reserve the right to pursue through appropriate legal route to recover all costs;
(ii) the Company shall be entitled to seek a court injunction to prevent the Customer from selling, transferred or otherwise disposing of such goods.
Notwithstanding the foregoing, risk in such goods shall pass on delivery of the same to the Customer, & until such time as title in such goods has passed to the Customer, the Customer shall insure such goods to their replacement value & the Customer shall forthwith, upon request, provide the Company with a certificate or other evidence of such Insurance.
- The Company shall ensure goods & services are delivered within a reasonable time frame & will be kept well informed. Where an agreed time scale is not met or there are delays, the Company accepts responsibility and will ensure an agreed new time scale/time frame is agreed.
- The Company shall carry out all work with due care, professionalism & to the highest standards & to current regulations & guidance. The Company will advise if any further work ought to be undertaken to ensure all works at the time or in future will be required to ensure work is to the highest standard, are appropriate and suitable as well as any maintenance that is required to maintain any work and/or satisfy manufacturers warranties. The business always endeavours to provide the best service for every customer. However, on rare occasions, there may be times where a customer may not be completely satisfied.
- To ensure the business is able to put things right as soon as possible, please read our complaints procedure below. The business will then be able to respond promptly to ensure complete satisfaction. As soon as possible after the completion of the works, please inspect the work to ensure everything has been carried out based on the contract terms and the high standards the business aims to achieve. In the unlikely event there is anything you are not completely satisfied with, please contact the business as soon so the problems can be rectified as soon as possible.
Either call, email or write* to us. The business aims to respond within 5 days of receiving your complaint and where possible, will provide you with a date to remedy any issues raised.
Where the business is unable to resolve your complaint using the business complaints procedure, as a Which? Trusted Trader the business uses Dispute Resolution Ombudsman for dispute resolution. In the unlikely event that the business cannot remedy your complaint to your satisfaction you may wish to refer your complaint to them. If you wish to do so please contact Which? Trusted traders in the first instance on 0117 456 6031.
*please request proof of receipt if posting
These terms & conditions & all contracts awarded between the Company & Customer shall be governed & construed in accordance with English law & shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English law.